Eurolink Fastener Supply Service LLC
Purchasing Agent – Remote
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company Summary: Eurolink Fastener Supply Service LLC is an importer/distributor of hard-to-find metric fasteners from Europe. Our product offerings consist of both DIN standard and ISO standard metric fasteners. We exist to work with our customers, not as just another metric fastener importer, but as a supplychain problem solver.
Job Description Summary: Responsible for obtaining the company's fastener requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders, verifying the receipts of items, and authorizing the payments by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Verifies the available inventory items by verifying the stock.*
2. Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to the master stock list, clarifying unclear items, and recommending alternatives.*
3. Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and pricing. Obtains recommendations from suppliers for substitute items and obtains approval from the sales department. *
4. Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers, schedules the deliveries, and monitors/expedites orders.*
5. Verifies receipt of items by comparing items and pricing to the items ordered.*
6. Resolves shipment errors with the suppliers.*
7. Forwards all receiving documents to the warehouse in preparation of goods being delivered.*
8. Authorizes payments for purchases by forwarding the invoice documentation to A/P.*
9. Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.*
10. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.*
11. Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.*
12. Maintains strong working relationships with our suppliers by maintaining open lines of communications with suppliers.
13. Annually reviews purchasing agreements and payment terms with suppliers.
14. Maintains a strong working relationship with the sales department, the warehouse, and the account payables department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, customers, and suppliers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing Software, Spreadsheet Software, Accounting Software, Inventory Software, Internet Software, and Order Processing Software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. And a valid drivers license is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Time management skills
Communication (incl. conversational) skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasional business travel is also a requirement for this position to improve and/or maintain vendor relations and to represent the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have to navigate stairs in office, sit for long periods of time at their desk, is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; and is regularly exposed to dogs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company is open to filling this role as a remote position. In this case, a remote position is being defined as a work at home role. However, there will be an initial requirement of being in the office for training for approximately 2-4 weeks (At management’s discretion). Another requirement will be to visit/work in the Eurolink office 1 to 2 times per year to maintain coworker relations.
Competitive base salary
120 PTO Hours to start
401k plan + 3% company match
Company closes at 3:00 PM EST on Fridays
Annual profit-sharing disbursement
10 paid holidays per year
Flexible work schedule
Family friendly office
Company donates 10% of profits to community charitable organizations and volunteers both time and efforts to participate within these organizations
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org